Hello all! I am pleased to report that I will be participating in another Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon! I’m not sure which iteration of this this is for me, but it’s probably somewhere around my 10th time participating. 🙂
If you’re not familiar with Dewey’s, it is a 24-Hour Readathon that starts at the same time for everyone worldwide! For me, that time is 5:00a (PDT). Ordinarily, I only see 5:00a if I’ve stayed up all night to reach that early in the morning. Sometimes, I have been successful about going to bed at a decent hour and waking up at 4:45a to do the Opening Meme and participate. Most times, I start closer to 11:00a.
If you would like to join me in participating in this Readathon – please do, it’s great fun! – click here. Also, please note that any amount of reading – and you can read literally anything – means you can participate. If you only read a paragraph, a page, or even a magazine article or newspaper, you win! 🙂
This year, I’m not sure when I’ll start. I’ll decide when and if I can finish the two books I am still hoping to finish before 5a on Saturday arrives. (Hopefully I won’t finish the second book between the hours of 4:00a and 5:00a on the day!)
Here is a picture of my #ReadathonTBR:
And the books are as follows:
First, we have the two books that I have both as Kindle editions and through Audible: Trouble in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon and The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. 🙂
And then we have my physical book stack:
- The top two mass market paperbacks – Shattered and Staked, books seven and eight in the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne – are the two books I am hoping to finish before the Readathon begins. Considering I’m only now, at almost 1:00a on Friday, not yet even halfway through the first of these books, I’m not sure how successful I’ll be.
- Next is Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell. This is a book of conversations and I am hoping it will be a quick read.
- Then we have the three books in the Black Blade series by Jennifer Estep: Cold Burn of Magic, Dark Heart of Magic, and Bright Blaze of Magic. These are all YA books, so I am hopeful of finishing at least one of them. 🙂
- Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz is an adult romantic suspense book that I have been anticipating. If I don’t read it during the Readathon, I’ll read it soon after! 🙂
- Besieged by Kevin Hearne is an anthology of stories set in the world of the Iron Druid Chronicles.
- The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 6: Imperial Phase, Part Two is a graphic novel written by Kieron Gillen and illustrated by Jamie McKelvie.
- Saga, Vol. 8 is another graphic novel, written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples. 🙂
I feel that this is a pretty excellent TBR Pile, since it provides me with lots of options: two e-books or two audiobooks, one book of conversations, three YA books, one adult book, one anthology, and two graphic novels. 🙂
If you are also participating, HAPPY READING!!! 🙂