Hello Everyone, I am very sorry that I started this blog only to seemingly abandon it within about a month. I would like to start blogging again, but I make no promises. My mental health issues (depression – which manifests primarily as extreme apathy 😦 – and anxiety) may interfere again.
But for today, I would like to do the Reading Habits Book Tag! I was tagged by Shara Me With Books on BookTube and I first did this tag on my Instagram a few weeks ago, on March 28th. I was reminded about this tag – and decided to do it here as a way to hopefully get back into blogging – thanks to the Reading Parental blog. Lorryn did this tag and tagged “everyone.” 🙂
And that’s enough of an intro, let’s get on to the tag!
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? Yes! I mostly read in bed, late at night after my mother and my puppy-son are both asleep. Sometimes I am able to read on the couch in the living room, mostly if the television is off.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Definitely a bookmark for me, one with a tassel! (The one in the picture above is my FAVORITE!)
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? It depends on the book. In many e-books, sadly it proves very easy to just stop whenever. But ideally, I prefer to pause when a chapter either ends or begins on a page that is divisible by five. And if the protagonist goes to sleep, all the better! (Sometimes I’ll pause when the protagonist goes to sleep, even if it’s mid-chapter on page 167 or wherever, but only if there’s a break in the chapter.) 🙂
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? Yes. I usually have a beverage – Mountain Dew most commonly nowadays; I NEED caffeine! – and mealtimes are prime reading times for me!
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? No, thanks. I need quiet to read. Sometimes I can read in the living room with my Mom while she watches TV, but usually only if she’s watching NASCAR.
6. One book at a time or several at once? I TRY reading several, but I usually focus on one at a time. I can sometimes read an e-book, an audiobook, and a print book. Or two at once in different formats. But even then, I usually will focus exclusively on one book in particular, only going back to the other/s once I’ve finished it.
- 6a As a for instance, recently, in March, I was reading an e-book and it was not a good book for me, so I paused once to read two children’s books, then went back to the e-book, paused again a few days later to start listening to an audiobook, went back to the e-book, but then paused to finish listening to the audiobook, only returning to the e-book two days later once done with the audiobook. *sigh*
- 6b And then this month, on April 13th I started one book, on the 14th I read an entirely different book (for TBRKnockdown24) and then started yet another book (again for TBRKnockdown24; didn’t finish that one during the readathon, though). On the 15th I resumed the book I had started on the 13th (finished it on the 16th). I did manage to read the second book I started on the 14th concurrently with the one I had started on the 13th. I read more of it on the 15th and 16th, finishing it on the 17th. All of these books were in print form. (The two I was reading concurrently: one was a mass market paperback adult book, the other was a hardcover YA book. And the two stories were in no way similar, so it worked out well.) 🙂
7. Reading at home or everywhere? Everywhere! But most often at home.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently in my head, unless I’m reading to someone. But the only “people” I read to here are my dog (rarely) and my mother, when I read a line that I think she’d find funny, too. 🙂
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? Rarely. Seeing how characters work out their problems and challenges is part of the fun for me. But, if I’m reading a book that is boring me, I’ll skim the pages until I either get to “a good part” or finish the book. I rarely DNF books.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? I keep my books like new for as long as possible. I only buy books I may want to reread, so I want them to last!
11. Do you write in your books? No. I take notes in an app on my phone or on a separate piece of paper. I also bought some Book Darts after seeing Jesse the Reader talk about them on his BookTube Channel. I use them to mark lines I like, laugh-out-loud at, or cry over. 🙂
12. Who do you tag? I’ll tag everyone, too! So if you have not yet done this tag. . . TAG, You’re IT! 🙂